Home About Us Events Schedule Contact Us Brochures A-Z Index
Nuestra Informacion

Mother and child Free Interpreter / Intérprete gratuito

WIC, Breastfeeding and Nutrition
WIC is the supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children up to age 5. It provides healthy, tasty foods, nutrition education and referrals to other health care services plus breastfeeding information and support. Call WIC at 455-5330.

Nursing is natural

Are you or someone in your family eligible for WIC?
You are eligible for WIC in Idaho if you are:
  • A resident of Idaho
  • Are one of the following categories:
    • Pregnant
    • Breastfeeding a baby under one year of age
    • Just had a baby
    • Have an infant or child under the age of 5
  • Have a nutritional need
  • Meet income eligibility guidelines. WIC eligibility depends on the number of members and total income in a household. Click here to learn more »
Peer Counselor Program:
Mom to mom support for breastfeeding is available to WIC participants. A breastfeeding peer counselor for the WIC Program is a woman who has personal breastfeeding experience and has specialized training from WIC. A breastfeeding peer counselor can give basic breastfeeding information and support to new mothers so they may achieve their breastfeeding goals. For more information, call 455-5330.

Additional Resources:
Appointment Information
WIC Food List
SWDH WIC Clinics

Nursing baby
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. Email: program.intake@usda.gov
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.